Happiness has been defined as the state of positive emotions or the expression of joy. Everyone truly craves a happy life. In fact, most people spend their income, arrange their homes and schedules and determine what they should purchase in an attempt to have a happy life.
To spread happiness to others is an art. If you take a look around you, you’ll realize that there are lots of people out there who can make you demoralized or unhappy, but only a few who spread positivity and joy.
The steps listed below will help you in your goal of spreading joy.
1. The most important thing is to be kind to yourself. If you aren’t happy, it will be hard for you to spread joy to others. Set some time aside for yourself and do things that you love—sing, dance, paint or whatever. Just enjoy yourself.
2. Smile often. The act of smiling sends good hormones flooding through your body and can encourage others in your environment. You don’t have to wait to feel happy, just think of something that’s good in your life, smile about it and see how much better you feel.
3. Take some time to surprise those that you love. Flowers, small presents, compliments or a hug are all great ways to make someone else’s day brighter.
4. Take time to help someone in your environment. For example, if you are in a café and you notice that the guy at the counter doesn’t have enough money to pay for his coffee, consider covering the balance. It won’t cost you that much and will spread genuine gratitude and joy.
5. Learn a skill. Anything from cooking to speaking a foreign language. Than teach it to people for free. You don’t have to have a degree in anything in order to spread joy this way. Just have fun!
Besides benefiting others, the act of doing good brings an inner sense of peace and tranquility. If you don’t believe this is true, just try doing something nice for somebody and see!